We all love a clean and tidy home free from all the dust and germs. A vacuum cleaner is one of the most useful tools to keep your home clean. There are a lot of vacuum cleaners in the market with different functionalities and variety of options.
Once you have identified their pros and cons, and purchased the best vacuum cleaner for your home, you can clean almost everything you intend to. Here are few tricks and tips to use your vacuum cleaner smartly.
- Ensure Your Home Smells Good: Dip a cotton ball in your favourite perfume or essential oil and drop it into your vacuum cleaner bag. When you use the vacuum cleaner, the fragrance will fill your rooms and freshen it up. Alternatively, you can also make use of a used dryer sheet or cinnamons in your vacuum cleaner bags. This will help in getting rid of the stinky odour in your home.
- Get Rid of Fleas: You can use your vacuum cleaners to kill fleas on your home carpet. Regular usage of vacuum cleaners will also get rid of the fleas in the larvae and pupae stage itself, thus resulting in cleaner floors.
- Fix Carpet Dents: Rearranging or moving your furniture can cause carpet dents. You can fix that with vacuum cleaner. Just place ice cubes on the carpet and allow it to melt. As the ice melts, the water will bring the carpet fibres together to its original shapes. You can then vacuum on the wet places to bring them back to their original stiff position.
- Clean the Lint Filter in Washing Machines: The vacuum cleaner can also be used to clean the lint filters in your washing machines. You can use the brush attachment of the vacuum cleaner to clean the lint screen. This way, you can remove any remaining lint from the filter.
- Clean and Dust Almost Everything: The dust and lint formed on the condenser coil at the back of the refrigerator can cause overeating problems and break down the unit. You can use the vacuum cleaner to vacuum and clean the dust. You can also use the vacuum to clean various surfaces like cushions, car seats, blinds, book shelves, lampshades, mirror frames and others. What’s more? You can also use the vacuum to clean the computer keyboard as well. You can make use of the crevice tool to remove any crumbs from the keyboard. Then dip a cotton swab into rubbing alcohol and gently brush the area surrounding each key.
- Window Screens: The windows are exposed to a lot of dust and pollutants. If not cleaned properly, they can get really filthy and annoying. Bathroom window panes, on the other hand, are equally exposed to dust and steam. Regularly cleaning the window panes with a cloth and cleaning solution does not help. You can vacuum them regularly to get rid of the dust and give the windows the much needed clean and shining surface.
- Blinds, Drapes and Curtains: The blinds, drapes and curtains collect a lot of dust. If you have to take them down and clean them, it would need a lot of time. A vacuum cleaner can make this task easy. Just a quick swipe using the vacuum cleaner can do the magic.
Your vacuum cleaner can keep your place clean and tidy with little effort from your side. With these vacuum tips, you can enjoy vacuuming your homes, and keep it clean from problematic debris and dust.