Like every other girl, you are probably super-excited for the prom night. One of the obvious consideration is to select a prom outfit, but there are other things you need. Below is a step-wise guide on how to find and style your prom outfit.
- Find your style. Confused as how to find the perfect prom dress for you? The idea is to follow your comfort and personal style. Always consider what you can really pull off and select a few ideas.
- Shop online. There are a bunch of websites that sell prom outfits, and you will find many choices depending on preferences. You can also buy some of the additional accessories and innerwear.
- Prep your face. Glow skin makes a lasting impression. Consider getting a facial done before the prom night, preferably a couple of days earlier. Also, use a moisturizer or hydrator for that extra glow.
- Get the fittings done. Even the best outfits need fitting, so check for that. Always ensure that the fittings are completed at least two weeks ahead of the actual day.
- Shop for your accessories and shoes. You need a good pair of shoes, which are not very sharp on the heels. As for the accessories, you can keep things simple, so that the entire getup doesn’t feel baggy.
- Start your makeup with a primer. The prom night can last long, and it makes sense to ensure that the foundation and concealer stays in place. Use a primer for your face and you can ease the makeup time. Before that, use a moisturizer.
- Go for an easy hairdo. Complicated hair looks may ruin the beauty of your outfit. You are a young girl, so just keep things easy with a beach wave look or just get an updo at home, which flatters your outfit.
- Get the eyes right. Mascara and eyeliner is probably enough for a minimalistic look, but you also need to check the outfit before selecting a makeup fix. Make sure that your eyebrows are nicely filled in.
- Experiment with the lip color. You can always go for a regular red for the prom night, but the eventual choice of lip color depends on two things – your outfit and eye look. If you are opting for a smoky-eye palette, choose a minimal color for the lips.
- Finally, have fun. If you bother too much with your outfit, you will never really enjoy the time.
Check online and shop now!